Travel is Good for the Soul
I have a trip coming up, a trip unlike any other I have ever been on. I feel so lucky to be able to share this experience with a very dear friend. I believe that the memories made while we are on vacation are the ones that are engrained in our memories the deepest. Looking at photos or mementos from my travels always bring back those memories in a flash! Besides creating wonderful memories, travel is also good for the soul in many other ways.
- Travel allows you to see different cultures and gain perspective on how big the world really is.
- Being exposed to diversity brings more tolerance and understanding.
- While people, cultures, and cuisine can be vastly different, you can always find commonalities with the people you meet.
- You get to try and taste new flavors and foods!
- You are able to let go and “live in the moment.”
- You can learn a lot about yourself when you travel. New interests, new adventures, and new friends!
- You can find beauty anywhere if you take the time to look.
In today’s hurried world, I think it is so very important that we all make the effort to get away from time to time. It doesn’t have to be a huge trip to another country, but even just getting away for the weekend to a local destination can recalibrate and energize you. Enrichment from traveling and meeting new people is unlike any you can get from watching a documentary or reading a book. The actual experience truly is good for your soul! Bon voyage!