Did Someone Say FREE?
Did you know that there is a wide selection of activities in and around Sarasota that you can attend for free? Now that fall is upon us, many events are starting back up, from farmers markets to art shows. I recently read an article in the Herald Tribune highlighting some of these great free events, so now I want to share them with you!
- Music on Main – Lakewood Ranch, 6-9pm on first Fridays. Music and vendors. http://lakewoodranch.com
- Monthly Artwork – Village of the Arts, 6-9:30pm on first Fridays and 11-4pm on first Saturdays. Unique galleries, studios, specialty shops, healing arts, food and music. http://villageofthearts.com
- Gallery Walk – Palm Avenue, 6-9pm on first Fridays. Galleries and unique boutiques. http://palmavenue.org
- Towels Court Artwork Series – 5-9pm every third Friday. Meet artists, shop, and dine in “Old Florida”. http://towlescourt.com
- Sarasota Music Club Performances – Eicher Auditorium, 10am every third Friday. Jazz piano and vocals. http://sarasotamusicclub.org
- Farmers Markets:
- Downtown Sarasota, Main Street and Lemon, 7-1pm. Dogs welcome! http://sarasotafarmersmarket.org
- Central Sarasota, parking lot of Sarasota County Technical Institute, 8-1pm. Art and live entertainment included.
- Bradenton, Old Main Street, 9-2pm. More than 35 vendors, art and music. Dogs welcome!
- Venice, Tampa Avenue between Nokomis and Nassau, 8-noon. Produce, plants, crafts, jewelry, pastries, and much more. http://thevenicefarmersmarket.org
- Drum Circle – Nokomis Beach every Saturday and Wednesday evening just before sunset. 207 Casey Key Road. Bring your own drum and chair!
- Yoga – Siesta Beach main entrance, M- W- F, and Sat from 9-10:30 am. Yoga with Amanda. Bring your own mat!
- Farmers Markets:
- Siesta Farmers Market – 5124 Ocean Blvd in Davidson Plaza, 8-1pm every Sunday year round. An array of different vendors including fashion, paintings, poetry, and produce. Live music, and dogs are welcome!
- Drum Circle – Siesta Beach just south of the main pavilion, right before sunset.
Hope to see you around town at some of these great free events! Enjoy.